Disney Animator Dolls Patterns

I have decided to try my hand at making PDF patterns.
I have been making patterns for my dolls for about 10 years now--but not PDF's.

It has been fun and a bit frustrating--especially converting my hand drawn patterns to PDF files.



With a background in teaching I think I do a decent job of walking through the steps. The things that always frustrates me about sewing from patterns is that there always seems to be some key (to me) step left out and I tried hard to cover all those little things with lots of photos to supplement the written instructions as well as providing clear steps for finishing the garments to last--no raw edges!!

I have many patterns I am converting (many of my originals you have seen here on my blog on the DAC girls and other dolls) and I hope to offer them soon on a popular doll pattern website-They have my first file for review--so fingers crossed :)
Here's a sneak peek of the first 2 patterns.

Calling this one the Layer Cake Dress --I like a theme--so thinking of naming all these after sweet treats.


 This one (two-in-one actually) tentatively named, the Snow Cone Romper, is in work now:




Comments

  1. Hello from Spain: I really like your new dolls, they are so lovely. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the patterns you have created and I think you have a great idea. Will keep checking back with you. Sandra @ Sandra's Sewing Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on this new venture! I hope it works out well; your clothes always look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evil Genius :) Love your name.

      Delete
  4. This looks really cute and I'm sure it would sell well. My only comment about PDF's is that as an experienced dressmaker, I don't really need all the detail and photos in the instructions so I like the patterns that have all that detail for people who need it and also have a summary of the steps for people like me. I can print that out and then check back to the more detailed info if I am unclear about a step.
    I wish you every success with your venture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope they do. I did that with my patterns--it is really detailed with lots of photos for beginners--but I also included a list of steps to print. That is how I prefer to sew to--now, but when I started I needed all the help I could get :)

      Delete
  5. I love this dress! Where can I find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yo can find it here https://www.etsy.com/shop/CyndyanaDolls

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts