Pages

Doll Make Over: Vogue Brikette

I finished making-over my little Vogue Brikette.

Before
Yes that is scotch tape-it was holding her hair on!
During-
She was rerooted with Katsilk saran Black Orchid-- one large format and one small format skein. I replaced her sleep eyes too.
After
I made her outfit with a vintage 1970's Simplicity pattern 9698 for 15 1/2" Velvet dolls.

Well, I know I said I don't go in for the whole creepy Talky Tina thing (A Brikette was the doll in that Twilight Zone episode), but as soon as I turned my back on these two after placing them-- they clasped hands and did a Thelma and Louise right off the shelf taking my gorgeous Miss Kittycat with them-- smashing her to a zillion pieces :(

11 comments:

  1. Oh I am so very sorry to hear about that pretty kitty. You did such a good job on the two dolls make-overs. Those outfits are so cute. Don't you wish you could just turn back the clock for that one minute?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe she is broken--I am trying to piece her back together but so many tiny pieces...

      Delete
  2. Your poor little kittykat. I hope the dolls weren't damaged in their fall either. She looks so different with black hair and very '70's with her shorts suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The dolls were fine--grinning still :) I guess I should get some museum wax to help them stay still on the shelves and prevent another escape attempt.

      Delete
  3. Poor Miss Kittycat. The re-root came out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job on the re root. I have two 22" red heads and since one has to be re strung I thought I'd re root her hair brown. Was it very hard to do it with her long skinny neck?
    Thanks,
    Karen
    PS. sorry about your cute kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It was easy to re-root her, but I use the re-rooting tool, so the neck was not an issue for me. I would love to see your finished re-root!

      Delete
    2. Which tool did you use? I'm thinking of now re rooting the 16" doll instead of the 22". I notice you didn't do the bangs, was there a specific reason? Thanks for your help. Kare
      Ps. when you do the reroot with the tool does it involve gluing the hair?

      Delete
    3. HI Chintzgirl, I use the tool that is simply a knob type handle with a sewing machine needle (with the end of the eye clipped off) inserted into it. I do glue the hair from the inside of the head, but I also have dolls where I did not use glue and the hair is still very secure. I did not do bangs only because I thought she looked cute without them :)

      Delete