So I have been converting my original patterns to PDF. This is hard work!
So far I have two completed patterns. This is what I had to do get there:
|This is her photo from Disney's website and these braids, thick as they look, are sparse compared with the marine- towing- rope- gauge braids my Mulan came with|
Yes that is scotch tape-it was holding her hair on!
She was rerooted with Katsilk saran Black Orchid-- one large format and one small format skein. I replaced her sleep eyes too.
I made her outfit with a vintage 1970's Simplicity pattern 9698 for 15 1/2" Velvet dolls.
|Early Morning Brikette Spa|
|All done-- she seemed to want something with that outstretched hand, so I gave her a penny, she is from 1960...so I thought she might be able to get a piece of candy or two with it.|
|The smaller Brikette was more of a challenge--she has chewed fingers and she had this hair and it looked cute and maybe fixable, but it was mohair--and I know that Brikette was made with Saran hair so I was very careful when I washed it--but this happened....|
|Yikes! That mohair was held onto her scalp with glue and scotch tape! So I am re-rooting her...|
|Will post her "After" photo soon!|