Pages

Pretty Dolls: Fashion Friends

I am a huge fan of  the Fashion Friends Club dolls! I was very excited when Gretchen of Fashion Friends Club sent me some photos from her winter photoshoot of the girls and said I could post them here!

Faith, Annie and Patti--Ready for the Rains!
I love these dolls, I own Faith Flowers, Rose Ruffles, Annie Argyle and Patti Polkadots and I still want to buy the remaining ones to complete my collection.

Lots more photos and info on these girls after the jump...



These girls are the same size as Ideal Crissy family Velvet and they also fit all the same clothes and shoes!

When I got my first one, Patti, I was really impressed with the super-high-quality material they are made of-- a heavier material--with a beautiful satin-y finish and in so many skin tones! They love to have their photos taken--they do not flop around when I turn around to grab my camera--like many dolls I own.

For me, of course, a major attribute is sewing for them--these dolls are not Grow Hair dolls and there is not a knob on their back to work around when designing or fitting clothes. Since I have created many patterns for Ideal Velvet and there are many other patterns available for Crissy dolls, you could build them a killer wardrobe--plus Gretchen sells adorable outfits on her site too I could not resist this one.

I love them, don't they look so cute in their winter coats?!

 Thanks for letting me share this, Gretchen!


Annie and Priscilla Petticoat--she is at the top of my WANT list!



So cute and cozy!

Liz Leopard and Priscilla--I'm loving that leather coat!
I am absolutely mad about Maggie Mod!

Here are some of my own Fashion Friends:
My FAM Susanna wearing a Fashion Friends Ensemble

Faithy--look how well she fits those Crissy shoes! I love the poseability of their heads--really make a difference in photos.

My Rosie, photobombing Velvet and Cricket!

Kerry and Annie, Kerry wishes she could pose that expressively!


4 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Martin my daughter and nieces recently both bought a vintage Crissy and Velvet doll at a yard sale I am.trying desperately to get clothes made for these dolls. They found a lady who restores the dolls and she has someone to make outfits for each doll but, those people are swamped with work. If you know of anyone please email me at alecmill1981@gmail.com. Thank you,
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martin--I think your best bet is Ebay-lots of talented Crissy doll seamstresses sell clothes for the Crissy and Velvet dolls on the site. If you sew, you can get the vintage Crissy patterns free online at crissyandbeth.com.

      Delete
  2. Hello my name is Martin my daughter and nieces recently both bought a vintage Crissy and Velvet doll at a yard sale I am.trying desperately to get clothes made for these dolls. They found a lady who restores the dolls and she has someone to make outfits for each doll but, those people are swamped with work. If you know of anyone please email me at alecmill1981@gmail.com. Thank you,
    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contact Gretchen or me she has a large inventory of dolls and clothes for sale. Did you go to www.fashionfriendsdolls.com?

    ReplyDelete