Pages

Raven gets a Haircut

This is an old photo of Raven, she is an Ideal Kerry doll which I rerooted," re-eyed" and repainted many years ago. She needed a change--and that change--same as I do every few years--Bangs!!

I forget where I originally read this tip--Haute Doll Magazine maybe(?) but if you place a strip of tape across where you want the bangs to end and cut just underneath along the edge of the tape--(I also heard you can cut on the top edge of the tape, but cutting on the bottom edge has always worked for me)--if you are not good with straight lines get a second opinion--I did :)

Keep cutting-be brave!

All done--but needs a steaming --this is Saran hair so it can take a bit of heat--you should test a sample of whatever hair your doll has--heat can ruin doll hair so fast--I know first hand.
To steam the hair I wrap her carefully in a towel, make sure the bangs are positioned how you want them, I took the tape off--afraid that if I did not the adhesive would stay in her hair--not sure if it will  or won't never wanted to try. I wet the towel and held my iron, on the highest setting with steam, about an inch away for several minutes. Wait until towel is cool to the touch and carefully remove--so as not to mess up bangs.

Sweet! We like it!


5 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I agree with you. I like the new haircut. Great job. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks really cute with bangs! Love that hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it ! Her outfit is so spring too she stepping out in style ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The restyle does give her a whole new look - very stylish. I haven't seen that technique before but it works very well.

    ReplyDelete