Sewing for Little Sister Cinnamon with McCalls 7592

Cinnamon is the littlest Ideal Crissy family doll, she is a chubby 12 inches tall. There aren't any commercial patterns specifically for Cinnamon, to my knowledge, so whenever I see a pattern for 12" toddler dolls and I can get it cheap, I buy it.

Photo nabbed from a  google search--my camera was not cooperating
I found this pattern, a vintage McCall's Pattern 7592. This pattern says it was made especially for Tiny Tears and her many incarnations --Tiny Tears, Teeny Tiny Tears, Teeny Weenie Tiny Tears--not kidding on that last one :), anyway I think that my sister had a Tiny Tears, but I have not actually seen one in person in years.

The pattern turns out to be for bent arm dolls--I should have guessed this as it does state--"for bent leg or strait leg dolls"--what I did not realize is that all Tiny Tears dolls have bent arms-- so the few views that have a long sleeve --the sweet little coat, for example, will have to be modified for my straight-armed Cinny. After realizing this, I went for View C--now that they are all done in pretty spring colors they remind me of  Easter eggs.

This is a fairly easy pattern, though like most doll clothes patterns, it does not give any real finishing instructions but the edges; neck, arm and leg all are encased in bias tape-so if you are handy with bias tape they are fairly easy to make.


Going to try the little dress and pinafore next--I have moved to sewing for Velvet dolls for the moment--but I'll be back.

Comments

  1. Your Cinnamon clothes look cute. I actually have a book from the '70's (I think) called 'Enid Gilchrist's Doll Clothes and Rag Dolls' which has a few patterns for Cinnamon - and also Velvet, Chrissy, Barbie, Ken, Skipper and various other generic dolls. I think these books were only published here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw that book cover this morning on Flickr!! Is that yours??--I "favorited" it :)!

      Delete
    2. No, it wasn't mine but I'm glad you 'favourited' it. Enid Gilchrist actually had a number of doll pattern books published (as well as lots of others). This particular book has patterns for overalls, a smock top and a bikini set for Cinnamon.

      Delete
    3. I wonder if I can find a copy I would love to have those patterns!!

      Delete
  2. what is the difference for a bend knee and elbow doll?? I have never heard of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look at a Tiny tears (try looking on Ebay) she either has permanent straight or bent legs--which does not make a difference in this pattern-because no pants -but all of them have arms bent at the elbow---like a permanent 90 degree bend-and the pattern sleeves also bend at the elbow to fit them--so they would not fit right on a doll with straight arms---hope that makes sense :)

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: I like dress patterns magazines. Good buy. Your creations are always perfect. Great job. We keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dresses on the cute dolls. Great job you did.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts