Simona's Secret

I finally dug my Furga Alta Moda, S Girl, Simona out of storage and cleaned her up. I discovered she had a little secret...her hair is glued to her forehead! Her rooting starts way up on the crown of her head and so I assume that this was to keep her from looking--well like she does in the photos just below. I don't like it though and I am trying to remove it.
The last of Simona's iconic eyelashes came off during her scrubbing up, no big loss though, she only had a few.

Poor thing! The glue is very hard to remove!

I made her an outfit!
..and shoes!


Another outfit...
My favorite...

and more shoes
I made the shoes semi-using the instructions from an American Girl Butterick pattern, though I had to draw my own pattern pieces to fit Simona.
I think it would be possible to shrink the AG pattern in a copier too, Simona has wide flat feet, just not as big as AG.

Replaced her eyelashes with partial falsies purchased at Wal Mart, though they are not her original outrageous floss lashes I think they look pretty good.


Ideal Velvet fits the same sized clothes, but has smaller feet than Alta Moda
(L-R Johnnie, Wren and Mo)

I made the shoes semi-using the instructions from an American Girl Butterick pattern, though I had to draw my own pattern pieces to fit Simona.




Comments

  1. Hello from Spain: I like the polka dots shoes. The clothes are beautiful. Simona is very pretty. keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's very pretty, and cute outfits you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!!! Ohhh... I like very much these dolls!!! They are very original and nice!!

    A greeting from Spain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I have been eyeing Alta moda Furga dolls for years, I generally collect Barbies. I recently bought my first Furga Alta Moda doll, I got Simona. She arrived today, I love her but her bangs are glued to her forehead. Would you happen to know if that is done on all Simona dolls in the factory or was it later done by someone who owned her? The glue doesn't bother me, I'm just worried about some sort of chemical reaction with the glue harming the doll. If its original to the doll it doesn't look like it has done any harm yet, so maybe its okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I have 4 Simona's and each one has the glue, I think it is original to the doll and I don't think it is doing her any harm. Happy Collecting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts