Pages

My Foray into Home Dec on a Budget

For my daughters birthday a few weeks ago she had asked for a room make-over. Her room had become a little hodge podge, too pink and a bit too young for her. We did this project on a budget of about $ 250 and that was mostly the bedding so I think we did pretty well. Not including the new LCD TV her Dad gave her. I wish I had taken a before photo of the room! Important thing is she loved how it turned out and it is much neater and more organized and still has all the old things she loved and could not part with and has a bit more grown up and cohesive look now. 
Great Goodwill find and as a coincidence we bought it on the customer appreciation day for 1/2 off--total $30! I loved the height and as well as providing extra storage it provides a great gaming area. I sanded and painted it.

My "helpers" Yes.....the one on the right thinks he's a supermodel :)

I needed blue art work to replace the former pink ones--cut up an old poster and a map I had around--will replace these later with some prints from Etsy. Curtains--Ross $6 for two packs of sheers and $12 for the silk panels--may have to go get another set for more fullness.

She wanted the whole room painted--but we rent, so we decided on an easy to cover stripe of paint instead


We painted the dresser with Behr "Mermaid Treasure" satin paint It turned out so much better than I thought it  would!

The "headboard" is a metal trellis from home depot  $24  (I chose it because the arrows on top are a nod to Katniss)  the shelves and brackets about $30

3 comments:

  1. It looks really cute! Good job. Love the poodles, too! I had a black toy poodle as a kid and loved her so much. I've always wanted another poodle but now we have two cats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: awesome! congratulations for creating this wonderful room. It is very elegant and original. Well done!! Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room turned out great! I'm glad she loved it too.

    ReplyDelete