Bowtique outfits for Crissy dolls

L-R Velvet, Crissy and Cinnamon by Ideal
Vanna (Cinnamon)
Johnnie (Velvet)
I have been sewing again, I made some outfits inspired by the boutique children's wear I see on Etsy and Ebay--I love that stuff! It is so over the top and full of fun. I love the hair bows too--which are a quintessential part of the boutique look, which is why I am calling these outfits "Bowtique" I am definitely going to make more in this style.
My lovely daughter at Halloween wearing the pony-fall I used to re-root Crissy
The tallest blonde doll is one that I re-rooted last week with the hair from one of those clip in pony tails--one I actually bought my daughter to wear last Halloween  - I love the way it turned out. I have yet to name this girl--but I am thinking Cheryl-she reminds me a bit of Cheryl Ladd. The tutorial for the ruched bias tape on the front of Crissy's dress is super easy to follow and makes a really beautiful embellishment I found it on Rose Rushbrooke dot com.

Cheryl? (Crissy)
  I also found one of the best tutorials since I started making doll clothes. How to make the perfect tiny bow. like the little pink ones on Velvet's top) I never put bows on my doll clothes before because they always turned out lopsided or lumpy or just plain ugly, but these tutorial make it so easy--you can see I have many bows on these outfits. There are tons of these tutorials --I found these two really easy to use:
Sam and Hailey Designs-- scroll down --it is tutorial#2, she has a great tiny pom pom Tutorial too. Here is a YouTube video on how to make the tiny bows by Pinkscrapper99.



Comments

  1. Lovely outfits. Thank you for the links to the tutorials - it looks like a very easy way to make uniform small bows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: congratulations on these wonderful creations. The dresses are beautiful. Your dolls are very pretty. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outfits are so cute! I love how bright and pretty they are. I really need to get sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts