Project Project Runway 5: Clothes off your Back





I waited and waited to start sewing again this week, mostly because I GOT FABULOUS NEW DOLLS and I was sewing for them! (more on that later), But also because this weeks challenge was a little tricky--aren't they all?--the challenge was to find a muse and design a fashion forward outfit inspired by them, the outfit must be made of at least 50% of the muse's outfit, for our challenge we could select either a real person or a doll and their outfit. I decided to use my model's outfit from the last challenge (Good Taste Tastes Good Challenge) as my muse.
I used the skirt (by the way, this is the same skirt as in my pencil skirt tutorial) and cut off the bottom to make the bodice top and just added some ribbon embellishments. I don't know if it is fashion forward but my long drawn out explanation of why this reflects my muse it that: 1. It is a summer-y look--Ice Cream is a summer-y thing, 2. The bow in her hair represents the head scarf, and 3. The ruffle across the front of the skirt is inspired by the draping of the over skirt on the previous outfit. I know it is quite a reach--but I am tired-I had a Mid-term this morning :). Where the other look seemed more serious to me this one is more playful and light--and I changed her wig from brunette to blonde to reflect this too. (These are Moxie Teenz wigs--and after a bit of surgery they will fit Ellowyne size dolls) Anyways I figure she could take a stroll along the boardwalk and have some ice cream in this outfit--I even made an ice cream cone :) See the other fashion doll designer's gorgeous work here.

Comments

  1. It's cute. I especially like the ribbon trim on the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat--your look was way cool!

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain: I love your model wear summer clothes. I need good weather. I really like the wheel of the skirt. The doll is very pretty. We kept in touch in touch with blog blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta!! Hope you get some good weather soon :)

      Delete
  3. hi, great job! please Id like to know who is this doll! Loved her face, thank you
    alexpedreira@ig.com.br

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is Wilde Imagination Pop Goes OZ Glinda, I believe they are sold out on Wilde Imagination, but you can find them Ebay.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts