PPR2 Night at the Opera



I finished my second Project Project Runway challenge. This weeks challenge was an opera gown! I have never made anything like this and my mind immediately went to my stash of silks, satins and sateens in the big box of misfit fabrics--too beautiful (and inexpensive) not to buy, no ideas what to do with them.
Beautiful Misfit Fabrics
I chose a few fabrics and played around with the colors and this is what I came up with. I wanted simple but with pretty fabrics and I went with the charcoal matte sateen for the bodice and the same material in navy for the full skirt--I was going to line it in tulle but it had plenty of body on it's own after I gathered it. I didn't do too much tailoring just some darts under the bust --I was going for a high empire waist but I am happy with it even though the waist is lower than I wanted. I originally made a bow out of the silky grey and black print (must find a use for this fabric!) but it just didn't go too well so I went with a narrow, red, satin ribbon--and I thought of Kara while I tied it. That is Kara Janx from PR-she got a lot of flack from the judges for her ribbon.   I just wanted simple but rich, I think I came close. You must check out the stunning fashion offerings this week by the challengers over on the PPR Flickr group. They are amazing!

Comments

  1. You've created a beautiful gown and I think the red ribbon does it justice. I should imagine the grey & black would have been a bit dull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from spain, the dress very appropriate for your doll to go to the opera. The color and the link I love. Congratulations. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous! Simple is beautiful and the narrow ribbon really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Project Runway play along has been a lot of fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts