Chinese New Year-Year of the Dragon

I got one good photo at the parade!


Ox says she was born in the Year of the Kitty


We found this great 6 ft pendant with all the Chinese zodiac animals at one of the booths.



Today is the beginning of the Chinese new year--This is the Year of the Dragon. To celebrate we went down to Chinatown in Waikiki to see the Dragon Parade. It was very crowded and I only got one or two really good photos-I do have tons of photos of the side of peoples heads :). There was live music and martial arts demonstrations, awesome foods--Andagi-dogs, crispy gau gee  and my favorite Taro cakes and we had bubble tea in the International Market it was a lot of fun. My dolls had their own celebration today, complete with a little dragon parade as well.

Comments

  1. Sounds like fun! I enjoyed your photos, especially of the dolls' celebration. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bama! It was fun except that they kept falling down every time I tried to take their photos--think they celebrated a bit too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful dragon pictures, especially your dolls' parade! I love those Chinese zodiac animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from spain, your recreation of the Dragon year holiday was very good. The Liv is very pretty. Very good photos. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts