Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Doll Make Over: Disney's Ariel

For March's doll had a look in my doll bins. This is where dolls I could not resist, but do not really fit in my collection, reside at the moment. This is a Disney Princess Ariel. I purchased her from a thrift shop when I was living in Hawaii. I tried to figure out what issue she is,--but could not as of yet, can't seem to find another online that is just like her.
Not sure of the version, but this Ariel has positional wrists. She cost a dollar--which is why I could not pass her up. One additional lesson learned here, I should have taken off that sticker on her belly after I bought her--I took it off today (2 years later) and found the ink had bled through to make a permanent "$1.00" tattoo on her belly.

Her face is sparkly--I don't know if she came that way or her previous little mother gave her some make-up. She looks a little wan here, I think her eye color is much more flattering.

Here's her after photo. This is another "light" make over. I washed her up, repainted her eyes to a pretty olive and fawn color (right on top of the old paint and then sealed it), washed and brushed out her gorgeous hair--look how fluffy! I also made her an outfit. This pattern is a slightly modified Vintage Crissy pattern --Simplicity 5276.

Would love to find shoes for her--or I guess I could make some--grrrr-not my favorite craft.

This little sweetie is going up on the shelf. I really love how she turned out. I do have a couple more Disney Princesses in my collection--I have the Animator's Series Toddlers--Tiana and Tangled and I have Princess and Me Cinderella. They are all so cute --may have to drag them out of the bins and make them some clothes too--they don't need make-overs--but not putting them up  in their shiny princess satins (!) I bought them new from Disney.com, in a moment of weakness, if you check often you can often find great sales.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't have sold mine in a yard sale! Just kidding. I have run out of room. Your makeover is very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks really cute! I love her outfit too, it makes her features stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks lovely. I really like her new eye colour, it is much more flattering. And with her new outfit, no-one can see her tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is joy to my heart. I have a Chrissy and have wanted to make clothes for her. Your blog is so beautiful and gives me inspiration for creating lovely dolls to cherish. I will put you on my bloglist and hope you post soon. Thank you Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your kind comments <3 <3

    ReplyDelete