Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Doll Kimono Dresses

Custom Ideal  Mia aka Wren

Custom Ideal Velvet aka Johnnie
This is a pattern I have been working on for awhile--never could get it to turn out right before but some kind of luck was with me and when I completed these dresses--you never really know if a pattern really worked perfectly until then--they were perfect --the back is all lined up, no pulling, no extra tailoring needed--So I count this new pattern as my sewing skill "leveling up" as my video game loving kids would say.

10 comments:

  1. The Kimono Dresses are adorable. You picked out such beautiful colors. Are you going to be selling any Kimonos online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did offer them on Ebay--I sold the red/yellow one. The Crissy clothes market seems a little slow these days-it comes and goes.

      Delete
  2. Love your dress. It looks great!
    betty
    doll-college.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great prints and your dresses are very pretty indeed! Are all the edges bound?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes --all the edges are done with bias tape-It gives it the kimono look and makes the dress so much easier to make.

      Delete
  4. Ding!
    Congratulations!
    Your skill in making patterns has gone up by one level!
    (Hubby is a gamer, too, which is how I know the language. And that's a very sweet kimono)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gratz (as they say on WOW when you level - my daughter is a gamer too) you have definitely gone up a level. Your kimonos look great and it always an achievement when you finally get a pattern to work properly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all you nice comments!! I finally figured out that for some reason I have to use Firefox instead of Chrome to respond to comments for some reason, even on my own blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from spain: your kimonos are very nice. Well done. A great job. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I can say is that it looks darn good to me! I'm glad you didn't get to fustrated. Both dress are cute.

    ReplyDelete