Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spring Cleaning in the Doll Room







Well, I missed my Project Project Runway challenge last week because when I went to select some fabrics I decided to do something instead about the state of my fabric storage. I wish I had a before picture--but trust me it was a big mess, my fabric collection resides in 4 large plastic containers, at one point sorted by color and stashed inside zip lock bags, lately though as I have been sewing a lot they have been getting messier and messier --so I got rather involved for hours sorting them out. I just stood the containers on their ends vertically and folded everything as neatly as I could so there was one end with a neat fold and started stacking them up neat fold to the front. I like how they turned out because now I can see what I have at a glance. Here are the results with my prints--I sorted the solid colors too but the photos weren't nearly as interesting :). Here are some photos of my Sewing/Doll room too, I will miss it when we move in a month-hopefully I will get an even better one--hard to imagine for me--because this is the biggest best sewing room I have ever had--I have two work tables in here and a whole closet for storage too--there are benefits from children growing up and moving out:)-I would say ignore the mess--but this is actually very straightened up for me :) and the fabric is all neatly folded and organized and calling my name-maybe I will make up my missing PPR challenge today. I am also soon starting a recurring article "Interview with a Doll Collector" I have my first Interviewee all lined up-stop back by and check it out. Have a great Weekend and Don't forget to enter my Giveaway !

3 comments:

  1. Your doll room looks ok to me. I just a small space to work with and things have to be put away when play time is over. So I just make work. I love your big doll on the dresser she looks fun to dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's certainly neat and tidy now (but secretly we both know it won't stay that way LOL!). I think I tidy mine four times a year, but no sooner is it done, it's in a mess again before the week's out.

    I always begin with good intentions, and try to keep it reasonably tidy, but I really think when you have a WORKING sewing room or studio, the mess comes with it . . . all part and parcel of being a creator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is pretty neat. You have a lot
    of nice and cute things there.
    And since we are sharing, let me tell you,
    my working space is just a little corner on my
    room where everything is out of place, but you
    know what,I love it that way hehe!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete