Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Royal Doll Lonely Lisa


I bought three new dolls and I finally can check Royal's Joy and Lonely Lisa off my wish list! I am very excited to get these girls and have so many plans for them. These girls are very iconic of the 60's and 70's big eye era and do look very much like Margaret Keane's work as well. I do Love the big eyes waifs. There are actually two versions of Lonely Lisa one was made in 1964 (like mine) and the other  in 1972, the overall look is the same, but the 1964 doll has a bit finer quality. My girls showed up in excellent condition too, but in spite of that I have decide to do a make over on them. Starting with the 20" Lisa --I am going to re root her, I am thinking in Snow White Kanekelon hair and maybe change her eye color, I have already started a little girl dress for her--in a cute Japanese fabric--navy blue with rabbits, that has been too large scale to use until now. For little Lisa, the 15" one, I think I am going to make her a Mohair wig--also in white, I think I will dress her in pastels--I recently rewatched "Amadeus"--and I am in love with the powdered wigs and the over to top lavish Georgian era dresses in that movie--so pretty and fabulous--that is kind of the feel I want little Lisa to have--but in a young girl style-if that makes any sense, I think it will complement their sad faces and long necks. I bought these dolls from my friend, Sue, who I have know for many years, through doll collecting. She is also a really awesome dolly seamstress. Here is a link to her dolls for sell, I warn they are a pretty amazing collection of dolls-- the Vouge Brikette is to die for...you can contact Sue through Crissydoll.com as well.

25 comments:

  1. I have a Lonely Lisa doll dressed in an original outfit that I purchased on E-Bay a few years ago.
    Can't wait to see pictures when you reroot her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just the most adorable dolls!! I have already started her reroot :) I'll have some in progress shots soon.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to the rerooting pictures too. I don't think I would want a sad looking doll--I would always be trying to make her smile. It's hard enough trying to get snooty Lorraine to smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sad dolls-I don't know why but I have so many --Sad Eye Susie, Love Me Linda--but no Pitiful Pearl...yet

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your Lonely Lisa! I checked her off my list just last year. I can't wait to see your doll make-over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I think a lot of the fun is the thrill of the hunt! Love to check one off the list--and this girl-wow the one I bought is the first one I have seen in person and she does not disappoint!

      Delete
  4. Hello from Spain: I also really like the dolls with big eyes. They have a very expressive face. Looks like you hablab. I congratulate you for shopping. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta--I love the big eyes too!

      Delete
  5. Hello!! I changed my blog from gothic-lolita-and-toys.blogspot.com to gothic-lolita-and-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it, thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  6. I have long admired these dolls, but never actually got one. At this point in time, I do not have the space to start another collection, but always enjoy seeing the big eyed dolls from the 60s & 70s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My collection is a bit eclectic--I used to only collect Ideal dolls--then I collected everything LOL--I try to stay to my list of must haves now--but that does not always work :)

      Delete
  7. I have 2 lonely lisa dolls. both were dressed in the sailor's dress. i have one that is larger than the other. the smaller one was mine and the larger my sisters. both are mine now. i need new outfits, hats, shoes and one needs new hair in the plugs as i shaved her head!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking for a lonely lisa or love me linda with brown hair. the doll does not have a tear or sidewords glance the doll was made in 1964ish and is about 19 or 20 inches long.
    help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the best places to find the hard to find dolls are Ebay, Etsy, ShopGoodwill, Ruby Lane and ioffer--Good Luck Hope you find one!

      Delete
  9. I have seen several lisa dolls with different colored or styled hair are these wigs or has the hair been re-rooted?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa was only issued with the honey blonde hair--there are a few dolls that have a similar face, Sad Eyed Susie for one, she has lots of hair colors-but she is a 9" doll. Lisa much bigger. To know if it is a wig or re-root would have to see a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. its just pictures that are online they look like re-root. I would like to have mine re-rooted but I dont know who does re-rooting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you in the US? I have many friends who do re-roots on commission--I could ask for you if you like.

      Delete
  12. yes I am in the US.
    I have no idea how much these things cost or how long they take.
    I would like to restore her hair she currently has none.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you would like you can email me at cyndyanadoll @ hotmail and I will see if I can get you connected with someone, and/or give you some links for wigs and how-to's for rerooting her yourself :)

      Delete
  13. There is a wonderful looking Lisa doll on ebay that was just posted

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I just purchased two "Lonely Lisa" dolls at the local thrift store that are still sealed in the original packaging. They appear to be the 1972 dolls, is there any way I can post photos? Any idea what they are worth? They are still secured to the boxes with their original twisty ties and their hair is covered with hair nets and they have their tags on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Lucky you!! I would like to see your photos--you can email me at cyndyanadoll @ hotmail then I give you an idea what they might be worth.

      Delete
    2. Ok, I e-mailed you pictures. Look forward to hearing what you think!

      Delete