Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Project Project Runway Challenge 7 Putting on the Glitz


Challenge 7--Sheesh! How many more??! :O) ---I really am still enjoying it very much. My favorite part is seeing everyone's garments at the end and the unique way in which everyone takes on the challenge. It is just awesome how inspired, talented and creative these doll designers are!
This challenge was to make a rich looking outfit for a character in Godspell, a Broadway play. The challenge was called "Puttin' on the Glitz". This one was hard for me because I have never seen Godspell and have no idea of the era, or the personal story of the character we are designing for, all I know is that she likes to show off her wealth. There mentions made of needing separates on stage and something about thrift store and vintage as well--Austin kept saying "conspicuous consumption"--A LOT -I think he just like saying it (he's so cute!)? So, needless to say I am a bit confused on this one. So I just went with my "rich" palette of fabrics black, animal print and gold. Here's what I made --I hope it is rich enough that I can go another week. (just kidding-no one's getting kicked out-this is a non-competitive competition). As usual I am one of the last to put up my photos--I guess no one else is in a later time zone than Hawaii. As for the Human Project Runway--I am still rooting for Austin Scarlet, but I really liked Micheal's outfit in this challenge the best--Mondo's was my second choice.
Here are the doll designer's photos on Flickr.

6 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! I am partial to animal prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Frannie!! I have been wanting to use this for awhile!

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain: Wow! I love your work. this creation was perfect you. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That outfit is really cute!! I'm so glad that I found your blog. It will inspire me to finally sew for my dolls, which is something I want to do soon. I like everything I see here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brini! Have fun sewing! I should have more tutorials up soon, stop back by!

      Delete