Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Lonely Lisa Make-Over Update

I finished the re-root and almost finished her dress as well--I still have a few embellishments in mind, but could not resist sharing a photo, now. I still have to make pantaloons, tights and fix her missing eyebrow and really take time doing her hair. I think she is turning out really cute--and somehow I actually had a pair of black patent Mary Jane shoes that fit her perfectly! I used an older McCall's 18" Betsy McCall pattern (8139) as a basis for her dress-though I changed the skirt and sleeves a bit. The fabric I was originally using was navy blue, but it did not quite go with her --so I went brighter, she is a 60's doll and green and orange always remind me a bit of that decade. Final project photos sometime this week :) Her little friend is Angel Dal Amy.

5 comments:

  1. Lonely Lisa is adorable with her reroot! Love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are fast! She looks great and I too love the dress. Yes, green & orange scream the 60s! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Spain. The doll is very good. The hair is beautiful. The little doll is very pretty.The clothing is ideal. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Everyone, she was really fun to do and did not take long to re-root--even with her big head :) I think the little Lisa is going to have to wait for her make over until after I move.

    ReplyDelete